Do your data presentations feel like a data-dump? Do you want your data-driven messages to be more clear, concise, and complete?
Benefits From This Class:
Learn messaging models to create and deliver more clear, concise, and complete data analytics presentations for informing, interpreting, recommending and influencing audiences.
The world of data science and business intelligence has brought data to the forefront of all our decisions. But without the tools to properly structure and communicate your message, the audience ends up receiving a data dump or a wandering tour through a data wilderness. In this workshop, learn the 4 defined paths for constructing and delivering data presentations. Then, practice applying these tools by creating your own data supported message. Whether you’ve been asked to interpret the data or make a recommendation, we’ve got the messaging tools to help you enable or promote the change you want to see.
Objectives and Outcomes:
- Learn the 6 Steps of the Data Analytics process
- Data Discovery Phase Defined
- Data Presenting Phase Defined
- The Spectrum of 4 narrative types: inform, interpret, recommend, influence. What is your goal for speaking?
- 6 words – Headline for a story/ report / presentation (What’s the answer?)
- Preparation of narrative goals – Relating or translating – enabling or promoting change?
- Use the iSpeak narrative model that aligns best with your goals to structure your message
- Create your message structure, deliver the structure, get feedback and coaching