Whether you are a business owner, salesperson, support personnel, an executive or an administrator, communicating with customers, employees, and co-workers is a critical component of your workday.
Russ Peterson and Kevin Karschnik of iSpeak will present Communicating4Success at the Mind Your Business Workshop on Thursday, June 28, 2007 from 8:30am - 11:00am (registration and breakfast begin at 8:00am). This interactive workshop will give participants the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of nonverbal messages. During the session you will:
- Identify common communication problems that may be holding you back
- Learn what your non-verbal messages are telling others
- Develop skills in listening actively and empathetically to others
- Analyze your interpersonal communication and relationships
- Learn effective methods for actively listening to others
- Develop skills for effectively communicating with email
- Identify areas for improving your communication skills over the phone
- Gain the respect of others with improved communication skills
- Understand the barriers of communication and how to overcome them
Attend the Mind Your Business Workshop and develop your skills for effectively communicating in person, over the phone, and through email. This workshop is sponsored by The Round Rock Chamber of Commerce, The Rural Capital Area Workforce Development Board, The Round Rock Economic Development Partnership, and The Texas State University Small Business Development Center.
For more information visit http://www.roundrockchamber.org/page.php/news_events?p_id=39
To register for the event, visit http://www.memberservicecenter.org/irmweb/wc.dll/txroucoc?id=txroucoc&doc=events/event&kn=173 or contact Jolee Pekarek at 512.255.5805 or firstname.lastname@example.org.